[Valid Atom 1.0] BarbaraEllen: Love. Friday For One.

Friday, June 15, 2012

Love. Friday For One.

Parked, in my driveway, finally home.
This is my, "I'm sucking at driving," look.

My driving dyslexia, of which will be detailed in an entirely different post, certainly warrants a preview here.



1. Coming from East, I took Main to get to Court. NO ONE IN ROCHESTER DOES THAT.
2. To get to Main, I took Gibbs. GRADUATION AT EASTMAN.
3. To pick up my dinner from Dinosaur, I parked in a turning lane. ILLEGALLY.
4. To get home, I took the backstreets. AND PULLED INTO STRONG MUSEUM OF PLAY SEVERAL TIMES. AND EXITED, BY THE SAME PEOPLE WHO WERE CHIT-CHATTING, SEVERAL TIMES.
5. When I finally got to Monroe... IT WAS LIKE NYC, MIDTOWN, ON ADD.
'Bout half-way through.

But, phew, I made it. And, ph-yes, it was worth the wait.

1. Dinosaur was quick: it only took them TEN minutes to complete the order.
2. Dinosaur's entrance wasn't packed: a rarity, especially on Friday.
3. Dinosaur's staff was super friendly: I tipped $1 even though I ordered To Go.
4. Dinosaur's food: SOOOOOO. GOOOOOOD.



Carolina Style b/c I loved it so much!
You see, I made my virgin-solo-To-Go voyage because, well, because my roommate and I had watched The Travel Channel & Food Network. Specifically, Man V. Food (who came to Rochester! And ate at Dino's rival...) & Diners, Drive-ins, & Dives. When it's nearing 6PM and the most substantial food you've eaten all day is some French bread with mozzarella & a bowl of Golden Grahams (so good) ... you do things you normally wouldn't.


Which is order food, from one of Rochester's most popular & famed restaurants, ... FOR ONE (.5 ... those are Laur's mashed 'tatyos for lates), on a Friday night. I had to ask the woman who took my order if there was a minimum--A minimum!--for To Go, and I was willing to add if necessary. Good to know: there's not. Coincidental to ponder: staff knows I'm single?

My dinner
& Laur's mashed 'taytos w/gravy.
I really think we should all just agree & admit that this is hilarious & embarassing & sad & endearing.

Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Not your typical BarbaraEllen ... but still be constructive. Creative also welcome! xo.