[Valid Atom 1.0] BarbaraEllen: Life. I Start Thursday.

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Life. I Start Thursday.

.I'll Never Get Down This Low No More.


Hard time here and everywhere you go
Times is harder than ever been before

And the people are driftin' from door to door
Can't find no heaven, I don't care where they go


Hear me tell you people, just before I go
These hard times will kill you just dry long so

Well, you hear me singin' my lonesome song
These hard times can last us so very long

If I ever get off this killin' floor
I'll never get down this low no more
No-no, no-no, I'll never get down this low no more

And you say you had money, you better be sure
'Cause these hard times will drive you from door to door

Sing this song and I ain't gonna sing no more
Sing this song and I ain't gonna sing no more
These hard times will drive you from door to door

* * *

Over the weekend I decided not to be. It wasn't just about the job. It was everything. The past four years, plus. Sure what I'd gain & that, I know well & always will. But what I'd lost, society knew. Exactly what drove so many a-millionaire to his death during the Great one. Depression that is. Which is never so great as it is vast. Well, I decided not to be.


What? A job's going to make me happy? Everything intangible it gives--pride, security, dignity, direction--it can also take. So I decided to celebrate. Summer. Freedom. Lessons. Writing. Life.


And now I start Thursday.


Shit, I am grateful. Proud. I deserve it. But I never deserved having to come off of that low. Especially for no job & all it brings. So find your happiness in Life, intangible.




And let go for none.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Not your typical BarbaraEllen ... but still be constructive. Creative also welcome! xo.