[Valid Atom 1.0] BarbaraEllen: Shop Local. Diners, Deschanels, and Dives.

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Shop Local. Diners, Deschanels, and Dives.

How does Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives relate to Zooey Deschanel??? Aside from both being deliciously bold & uniquely baller? Well ... consider a local Rochester, NY hotdog joint & an unconventional boutique. Maybe the two-toned Fu Man Fieri & bright eyed Indie babe Deschanel could go in-sies: 

Diners, Deschanels, and Dives. 


Let's do this.


Guy Fieri.
Twit Pic.
Zooey Deschanel.

Twit Pic.

The other night, I got lil' bit carried away. Or lazy. (Perspective.) While trolling 'round the internet figuring out how to increase my blog traffic (...there's a lot more to this than recording your thoughts and Instagram-ing some phots, apparently), I happened upon Triple D, as Guy likes to say, ... and never turned it off.


Homemade burritos, original BBQ, Salvadorian food, and hotdogs. 

Hot. Dogs. Grilled & crisp. Custom dressed. Hot dogs. I had to have. I mean, I don't even like hotdogs. Okay, take me to a ball game, I'm down. Grill me one up, I eat. So let's put it this way. ... I don't crave hotdogs. Ever. (And Rochester, NY got some pretty good hots. Among other specialities, 's kinda our thing.)


So after my TV pig-out on Monday, 'round 10PM (when the new episodes air), I got a hankering. Craving. Longing. Aching. ...Don't pretend like you don't know. And until some foodie-techie-god invents the TV which instantly serves your favorite TV show dishes, these tastes typically go unsatisfied. But this one was just too great. Lucky for me, I just live just a few streets from Monroe Avenue. Enter ... 


Pit Bull & Sweet Potato Fries.
Dog Town. Monroe & Oxford. Rochester, NY.
Truly. I cannot say enough about the culinary creations this surprisingly visually appealing hole-in-the-wall, at the end of Oxford & Monroe, cooks-up. For one, they use Martusciello's bread. You might not be from the West Side, but you probably know what this means. (For those who don't. Go. Bomber. Cannoli. Bread. Do. It.) For two, to understand, you just have to devour their menu, check-out some cute doggy pics (which line their walls), & eat-in or take-out
Repeat

They even have vegetarian options! With names of hots which range from killer cities--Cincinnati Red Dog and Chicago Bull Dog--to cuddly pups--Bernese Mountain Dog, Pit Bull, Boston Terrier (a fraction)--you will find that picking just one is harder than plucking from the litter.

After being raised with a pit, being soul mates with another pit, & currently living with my roommate and her pit, I chose the Pit Bull Dog. You got sauteed peppers, onions, BBQ sauce, Dog Town Sauce
* * *

Thank you, Triple D--Diners, Drive Ins, and Dives--and Guy Fieri for inspiring this tantalizing treat for my taste buds. I owe you one. Oh and also, you should probably come to this place.
Before/After.
Diners, Drive-Ins, & Dives/Deschanel Combo


How's my girl Zooey tie-in? Um. Classiest/bangingest dress I own.  (See above. See below.) So vintage-Indie-hipster, know Zooey's kind of jel. And it's work apropos. And it's drinks approved. And it's from a unique boutiqueRight across the street from DT.

* * *



Fav Dress. Zooey-Esque.
Archimage.
I cannot do 668 on the Avenue justice in just this post. Imposs. Just like we can't do DogTown hot dogs justice until you go on & get one ... or 8. Basically, you need to know that Archimage is like no other shop in Rochester and truly, reminds me namely of gift shops I've seen 'round BK neighborhoods like Park Slope & Clinton Hill.

Zooey Dress. Fox Image Campaign.
Take from Twitter via Instagram.
Fashion for the Contentious-Minded Fashionista.

Their clothing is comprable to Anthro & has prices like Target. Someday I will photograph for you all the pieces I own. And all that I wished I owned...

Their jewelry mimes Forever21, oftener with better quality. ...I got my prom jewelry here! But also just as trendy. And certainly more one-of-a-kind.

Dress Required a Slip.
Vintage from Mom.
Stuck for a Gift?

Let's talk toy shop. Old fashioned. New fangled. Multi-Award Winning. Something out of Diagon Alley, without the wizarding bobs. Though I'm sure you could find those, too. What you deff will find are finger puppets for toddlers. Bacon wallets for hipsters. And wooden snakes for old school young-at-heart-sters. It's like 3 walls of odds 'n' things. But you get lost for hours and more. 

Birthday, Anniversary, Weddings

Asian pottery. Crafted wind-chimes & instruments. Silver Celtic & Asian inspired jewelry. Throws & scarves & clothes made of recycled and/or natural materials.

Stressed, Spiritual, Neither, Both.

Archimage will help you unwind. Incense. Candles. Lotions. Tibetan Singing Bowls. After almost 30 years of biz, this staff is knowledgeable & reliable.

Promise a separate post just on this beaut with pics & pics & pics galore. Until then ... You don't have to park on Monroe Ave. Hit up Oxford Square  (parking lot right off Oxford before Monroe/check out this Roc blog I just found!!!) or Oxford Street itself & bring your wallet. You will find more than you bargained for. 

And that's a great thing.

* * *

So whatchya' say Guy & Zooey 
... 
Cool & Hip combo, no.

* * *

View of DogTown Sign, Monroe Ave, Oxford Square.
Rochester, NY.

Diners, Deschanels, and Dives.
Deliciously

Hip.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Not your typical BarbaraEllen ... but still be constructive. Creative also welcome! xo.