[Valid Atom 1.0] BarbaraEllen: Shop Local. Enjoy a Staycation!

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Shop Local. Enjoy a Staycation!



.Vacation~y Vibes.

Me. New Mattress. Just Delivered.
Giggling like someone on vacation, right.


During Momsly's vacation time, we couldn't book the gorgeous, serene, restful, relaxing, beachy Lake Ontario Beach House  (LOBH) which we normally book this time of year (fingers cross'd for the Fall!), so, instead, we're extreme stay-cationing ... as though Hamlin off of the Parkway isn't near enough. (Ooh, but at the LOBH, it feels so far.)


* * *

Keeping in time with the doesn't-feel-so-west-side vibe which the LOBH certainly spews like foam from its waves, my mama & I crossed the river & headed there. 

1.) Bought a Mattress. So much more luxurious than it sounds. And Monroe Mattress Outlet--inexpensive, no frills, honest people--may as well be too, for the mattress deals you get. I can't wait to just sit & snuggle with my new...lay? But, I'll be sleeping so.
Seriously love Monroe Mattress Outlet & this Pillow Top Mattress.
Even sounds dreamy. AahhhI can't wait for sleep!

2.) Main Street Brockport. We ate, we shopped, we talked. A lot. The talking: we did a lot of talking. There are some loquacious sales folk in the Village of Bport. I mean, they out-talked my mom and me... But friendly nonetheless and with j'adorable shops.

MudPie jetsetter tote.
Tre European. Heremes vibe, no.
While there are numerous cutesy places to peruse, my mom & I made purchases at an upscale boutique and a independently owned book shop. The boutique reminded me fondly of those so oft situated along Skaneatleas or Niagara on the Lake. Scarves, rings, bags, jewels, dresses. Expensive. But then I spotted this gem. (How could you miss?) 

Hermes Inspired.
Top Left, Bottom Right: Forget Me Not
Top Right, Bottom Left: Hermes via Google Images.
And how could you not buy. On-sale, fairly priced, needing a travel bag. I am in love. Hanging in my room across from my mattress where I'm currently luxuriating because both are that fabulous. Truly, I will not forget Forget Me Not.

Karen Kane Collection.
Love the chain prints!











The book shop, I could have spent hours. Neatly arranged, new book smell, old book feel. And restrooms for the public! (So convenient.) Plus, they offered free zucchini. ...I smell the bread already. 

Free Zucchini & Discount Books.
What more???
Both my mom & I purchased gently used--though you could never tell--books from the stand in front, which housed the zucchs. Lift Bridge Book Shop is so cumfy & cozy, that free zucchini logs only makes sense. 



Hey, good 
lookin',
cookin??






No comments:

Post a Comment

Not your typical BarbaraEllen ... but still be constructive. Creative also welcome! xo.